Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 8 15 7:27 PM

Tags : :

DOWNLOAD EP. 223 HERE (RIGHT-CLICK, SAVE-AS)
OR STREAM IT ON STITCHER HERE

Our guest tonight is Ken Arnold from Puget Sound Ghost Hunters! He brings a few excellent EVPs and some spooky stories from years of paranormal research! PLUS: Troubling Cosby Art, The Ultimate Beer Belly, Titanic Dinner Menu, Firenado and later, Ken joins us for News Quiz!

MAchoMan.jpg

Last Edited By: RonEvans Sep 9 15 8:07 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Sep 9 15 6:58 AM

HOUSE OF LEAVES!

Holy shit, when Jon-Mark brought up the book during the podcast, I stopped everything.  Heart pounding. That book.  It still terrifies me.  I read the first half in a weekend, just tore through it and then started to feel unsettled.  We're talking feeling weird with my back to the room, stuff like that.  Then I couldn't read the book anymore, too weirded out.  It finally came to be that I was scared to have the book in the house and banished it to a storage unit for nearly a decade.  But recently I went back and got it and opened it up right to the page I left off...

This story is haunting and amazing- it bends genre and the characters are shitty humans that are totally sympathetic and compelling.  

PS- the author's sister is Poe and she did a companion album.  Anyone know about that? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_(Poe_album)

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 9 15 8:05 AM

Wow I gotta add this to my read pile. Sounds fab! Currently reading the Martian and loving it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Sep 9 15 10:37 AM

That Poe album is incredible. It's been in the regular rotation for my sister and me since it came out 15 years ago, and has been a source of inspiration in art/writing that we've done.  

I thought I might take this opportunity to "ghost update". It's been a while since I posted here (life happening and all...) but I had an interesting couple of months last winter/spring. It started really slowly.

I suddenly began to feel like I had to look over my shoulder, got chills unexpectedly, that kind of thing. Pretty standard for me when activity starts to ramp up around me. I brushed it off, as I was re-reading The Exorcist and some other paranormal-esque stories at the time and figured I was letting my imagination get the best of me. Besides, I was pretty sure that it was my parents house that attracted the activity, not me personally. 

It became "undeniable" for me a little while later. I started to experience things that I never had before, like an unexplained knocking in the walls of my bedroom, and something that I feel makes this whole thing sound completely impossible and crazy... whenever there was white noise in the house (such as a bathroom fan or static) I could hear two things - never at the same time.  

At first, all I could hear was a baby/child crying. I was always convinced it was my then 4-year old daughter and would go running to find her playing happily or sleeping soundly. The crying was definitive, unmistakable, and extremely clearly audible. But only if there was white noise. Then I heard the really crazy part, the part I kind of cringe to even share because it seems so ridiculous. Same types of situations with white noise. I heard what I can only describe as a choir singing a language I don't understand. Turn off the white noise, no singing. Turn it on and wait a few minutes, and there it is again.  I chalked it up to auditory hallucinations, completely founded by my recent unease and borderline paranoia at becoming haunted in a place that wasn't my old house.  

After a while longer, I started to recognize old signs. Movement in my peripheral vision was particularly common. But I became truly horrified when I realized there was a spot in my room that really bothered me. On the right side of the bedroom window, there was a cold spot and a truly menacing aura. It felt like Sinister Man, and it hung around for a couple of weeks, but then it moved on.  

There's a girl now, I think she is the one who was crying all those times. She hides in the upstairs hallway most of the time, and has reached out to make contact once. My mother in law was visiting, up late editing her husband's latest book. She went up to go to bed and heard an electronic toy phone start ringing. It range three times, then a voice said through the phone "come play with me".  

When she told me about it, I tried really hard to think of something it could have been. My kid had had phone toys, but none of them said "come play with me" that I knew of. I tore the playroom apart until I found the one phone still around. It was buried in the bottom of a box that was meant to go to Goodwill, power switch off, and batteries dead.  

I still can't explain any of it. Do I just temporarily lose my shit now and then and think I am haunted, or is there really something to it? The coming and going is what gets me the worst. Why would something show up, freak me out for a little while, then disappear again? Maybe there is something to the fucking with you theory and my detirmination not to acknowledge it made it get bored and lose interest. Or maybe I was subconsciously working through an issue or fucking with myself. 

That ended up way longer than I meant it to... The end. :)

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 9 15 1:36 PM

Criminy! There's a few things I would never wanna hear in terms of ghostly shit and crying of any kind would be at the top of that list. You've had experiences like this in multiple locations right?

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Sep 9 15 2:15 PM

Now I have, yeah. Used to be all of the (major) encounters I had were all focused around the house I grew up in. I had a few isolated incidences here and there of odd things happening in other places, but typically wrote those off as my imagination.

Could be interesting to note that my kid has a very particular imaginary friend she likes to talk about. The friend predates our current house, but is freakishly consistent. Sometimes the friend "goes home" or "isn't here", but she always comes back.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Sep 9 15 4:45 PM

t8kitez wrote:
Holy shit, when Jon-Mark brought up the book during the podcast, I stopped everything.  Heart pounding. That book.  It still terrifies me.  I read the first half in a weekend, just tore through it and then started to feel unsettled.  We're talking feeling weird with my back to the room, stuff like that.  Then I couldn't read the book anymore, too weirded out.  It finally came to be that I was scared to have the book in the house and banished it to a storage unit for nearly a decade.  But recently I went back and got it and opened it up right to the page I left off...

This story is haunting and amazing- it bends genre and the characters are shitty humans that are totally sympathetic and compelling.  

PS- the author's sister is Poe and she did a companion album.  Anyone know about that? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_(Poe_album)

That's crazy, that's like, what happens to Johnny Truant in the book lol.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Sep 10 15 1:32 AM

Love this episode guys! Ghost shit is one of my favorite things. I like how he talked about bringing something home with him. I've had a similar experience where I'm almost 100% positive I've brought home something from my Waverly hills trip. Awesome stuff!

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Sep 11 15 5:10 PM

Finished House of Leaves. Very haunting atmosphere that book has. Sticks with you. I kind of want to get back to that feeling. Like the people in the book can't stay away from the house...

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Sep 15 15 9:29 AM

Had some poltergeist activity..sort of. Bunch of stuff started happening. Noises, stuff moving around and actually had a glass of water upside down with water in it. Strange to say the least but exciting at the same time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help